Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I've got some balls...

Balls. Don't you wish every food could be made into a ball? They're so much more fun to eat! Cake balls, gum balls, meatballs, donut balls... whoever came up with the idea of rolling food into balls is a genius. Don't ask me why, but food tastes better when balled. Mmmm...
Today I am going to share my AMAZING and EASY Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball recipe. What's better than a delectable Italian meatball? One stuffed with cheese, thats' what!

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
* 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
* 1 1/2 tsp. salt
* a pinch of pepper
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
* 1 clove garlic (I use Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic)
* 1 Tbs. dried onion (I use Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion)
* 1 bunch chopped parsley (I use Tastefully Simple's Spinach and Herb)
* Fresh mozzarella cheese ball

Mix all ingredients except for meat and cheese in a large bowl. Add meat and loaf up with hands. Use a small cookie scoop to gather each ball, and roll tightly. Poke a hole in the ball and insert a small cube of cheese. Cover the cheese with meat and roll tightly.
Mmm... Love me some balls! Refrigerate your balls so that the cheese is not too soft when ready to cook. This is a great 'make ahead' recipe! Make them while the kids are sleeping, then dinner is just about ready the next day!

When your balls have had time to chill, heat up about 2-3 Tbs. olive oil in a pan. Brown the meatballs, turning every few minutes so they get nice and brown on all sides. You can continue to cook them on the stove, as I did, or you can place in the oven to finish them. When your balls are done and the juice is clear, drain on a paper towel.


Serve over pasta with some marinara! (I used Tastefully Simple's Italian Marinara Sauce!)


Dive right in and indulge in the ooey gooey cheesy ball goodness! (Please excuse the poor photography as I, myself, am poor and still use a point and shoot...)


Bon Apetit!


1 comment: