Friday, August 12, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changes

1. Emerson is walking. Scratch that. RUNNING, CLIMBING, HOPPING, FLYING. Ok, maybe not the last two, but she is on the move! We have gates everywhere and now need one for the top steps, which I didn't think we'd need, because she is obsessed with climbing the stairs to chase the cats.






Here kitty, kitty....


2. Emerson turned one in May. Here is a little peeky at her party.

The whole house exploded with cupcakes! We had a cupcake garland, photo garland, cupcake favors, decorations, you name it... The treat table was my favorite place to hang!Emerson donned a cupcake tutu and shirt, cupcake shoes, and a pink tiara. She was cupcake royalty!Emerson truly had an amazing birthday. I hear nightmarish stories about kids being overwhelmed and things going wrong. Her birthday was flawless, and she enjoyed every minute! She loves being surrounded by friends and family!

What's a cupcake party without a giant cupcake? Emme had no problem digging in!


Even Mom-Mom joined in with the kids and had a great time! So young at heart!


3. I am no longer teaching online. I am majorly going to work on building my Tastefully Simple business and I will start tutoring online in the fall. I am also going to search for students to tutor in my home, so if you know of anyone, send them my way! And if you are looking to get your hands our Spring/Summer products before they disappear, check out my website! www.tastefullysimple.com/web/bleonard


4. I have been super stocking up and using coupons like you wouldn't believe. The money I've saved is unbelievable, and this winter I will only need to get the basic staples like milk and bread. I LOVE that we are stocked and I will have more free time to spend with Emme instead of having to go out and get groceries. My pantry is organized and my freezer is packed! I'll share some money saving ideas and tips in posts to come!


5. If you've followed me for awhile, you may remember my epic closet clean out post: http://princessflufferbutt.blogspot.com/2009/06/closet-chaos-post-of-epic-proportion.html
Well, I've done it again... I now have HALF of ONE closet! Unbelievable, I know! Now Barry has the task of majorly cutting down HIS wardrobe. We bought an extra dresser for his sweaters and hoodies, but it only holds about 1/3 of them. Oy. He has some work to do!



My side... can you believe it?


6. I've been taking on a lot of projects around the house and have really been trying to get rid of crap. It's amazing how much crap one person (or two people) can collect in a few years. My goal is to be crap free. If I don't use something frequently, it's going on Ebay or to yard sale. I'd rather give Emerson fun life experiences than have junk that I don't NEED around the house.


7. This summer is one of the busiest I've had. I feel like I am always on the go, and I don't know where the past few weeks have gone! I'm really trying to spend time with friends and family and enjoy the outdoors while we can. I'm in two book clubs that meet monthly and I'm looking into stroller-arobics (insert laugh here), swimming classes with Emerson, and possibly a music class taught by one of my new friends, who is totally awesome and everyone raves about her classes! I also am thinking about doing Mom's Day Out, which is offered by a local church. Emme can play with other kids two times a week for half a day while I get some work done. It's win - win. She'll get to interact with kids, which she LOVES, and I can get stuff done around the house without her feeling neglected. It's going to be a busy fall!


8. Speaking of busy fall, I can't wait for Penn State Football Season!!! My cousin is also getting married (go Kaytee!) and I swear this is the LAST wedding I will ever be in. Don't even waste your breath asking, cuz I'm gonna say 'no'. Not that I don't love my friends and family and feel honored to be asked to stand next to them at the altar, but I'm getting too old for this and I look hideous in dresses. So seriously, I'm done crash dieting to fit into your pretty little dresses that seriously will never fit me again. After the wedding, I'm chowing down and I don't care. No more dresses for me. NOW, if someone wants to get married and allow me to wear sweatpants and a comfy t, we'll talk.


9. Have you read The Hunger Games yet? If not, then RUN, seriously RUN to the bookstore or download the series on your reader. Move over Twilight, there's a new love triangle in town! I'm totally obssessed with this series and I can not wait until the movie comes out in March! (I even signed Barry up to be an extra in the movie. He didn't get contacted back. Go figure...)


10. Here are some random pics of what we've been up to....
Emme loves to show us her 'funny face'. She is such a ham! And apparantly, judging by this pic, she snuck some of my Oreos. She and I may have to have a lil talk.Emme is a TOTAL FISH! Last year she wanted nothing to do with the water. This year, she would stay in all day if we could. When we go out to swing each day she points at our neighbor's pool and cries to get in... makes me feel bad, but I'm so not interested in getting a pool! Uh oh... someone has moved to the big girl seat! She loves her big girl seat and gets a kick out of facing forward and watching Mommy in the mirror. She is so silly and loves to dance in her seat, and it is obviously comfortable... she was out in no time!



Recipes are coming! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Your friends will be glad to see you ramp up your Tastefully Simple business because they will be the lucky recipients of some amazing new products! Gotta love Emme's spunk!

    ReplyDelete