So, it seems as if I've fallen to old ways... it's been awhile since I've posted. In my defense, I have been SUPER busy, and I don't see any signs of slowing down any time soon. In the blink of an eye Christmas will be here and I'll be wondering what happened to October and November. In a nutshell, here's what's been happening...
1. September 11 was a hard day for many reasons. For one, it was a day of rememberance for our country. This year it became a somber day for a more personal reason. I began having a miscarriage, and as I was in the emergency waiting room I received word that my Pappy had passed away. Needless to say, the past few weeks have been filled with doctor's appointments and hospital visits for bloodwork, but I'm HOPING that this past Friday was my last blood test. With all that said, we are doing well and I'm anxious to move on and try for another. (Barry is excited that he has a few more weeks of guaranteed sex... sorry mom...)
2. My Tastefully Simple business has blown up lately and I have been super busy with Tastefully Simple freezer meal workshops. They are a BLAST and have been getting rave reviews!
3. Yesterday was our semi-annual Crop for a Cure for JDRF. My mom does an AMAZING job at planning a fantastic fun filled day of scrapping for a cause very close to our hearts. If you are local, you MUST register for our Fall Love Crop. It is so much fun! I got 7 pages complete!
4. Emerson is doing something new each day. She now loves to go down her slide and climb her 'rock wall' that we have in the play room. She also gets a kick out of running with her eyes closed (the walls have been taking a beating), walking backwards, walking in circles, eating Oreos, and drinking beer... ok, maybe not drinking beer, but she loves toting around empty cans, pretending to drink. Don't call the authorities. I swear the cans are empty.
5. My cousin is getting married in 3 weeks and she has a herniated disk in her back. Yes, she would make a fine bride for Quasi Moto (sp??). We've been working on music, jewelry, and other last minute details to make it the perfect day!
6. I managed to stay on track with Weight Watchers for one week. Yep, one week. Today I ate a cheesesteak and fries from a Mom n Pop shop. Don't flog me. It was Heaven.
7. I MUST read a book by October 18th. I already pooped out on two books for book club in August and September. I must represent for October.
8. I'm thinking about knocking a big ass hole in my kitchen wall. There's always a project that needs to be done.... I'm also thinking about adding another counter and cabinets... Projects, project, projects!
9. My house is beautifully decorated for Halloween. I can't take credit... the Musder took over and painted the house orange and black... figuratively, that is. Thanks Mus for bringing the holiday spirit! It probably would not have been done without you!
10. I just realized I have a heaping load of laundry in the washer that's been sitting since 7:00... oops... off to switch it over before the hubs has a fit!